Do you have basic IT skills?
- Are you comfortable using the internet?
- Are you good at communicating with people?
- Do you have a few hours each week spare?
If you do then you could be a Digital Champion
What other skills do you need to be a Digital Champion?
You need to be
- Enthusiastic about the benefits of being online and able to share this with others
- Have a friendly approach and the confidence to encourage people to have a go at building online skills
- Be willing to provide one to one help on using computers
You’ll be helping with
- Basic internet searching
- How to fill in online forms
- Help to set up online accounts including email
- Job Searches
- Using Price Comparison Sites
What are the benefits of being a Digital Champion? This is what our Champions have to say
“Being a Digital Champion is more than volunteering. I feel like I’m part of something.”
“The job satisfaction is massive. It’s helping people and speaking with members of the public I’ve enjoyed most.”
“It’s been fascinating meeting people from so many different backgrounds and ages.”
“You have to be very patient as everyone learns at a different pace, but I would recommend becoming a Digital Champion to anyone whether you’re looking for work or just looking for something to add a little difference to your life.”
“It’s been great to have something current to put on my CV.”
Would you like to know more? Call Tim 07879 483377
I used to work at the Council. After leaving that job I had an inkling that I’d like to do something in IT, but I don’t have any formal training. I spoke to my Work Coach who told me about Go On Worcestershire Digital Connector Tim Marsh’s work experience scheme.
I jumped at the opportunity! After the interview I was even more enthusiastic. Tim trained me using the Learn My Way website. Since I started I’ve found the job satisfaction is massive. It’s helping people and speaking with members of the public I’ve enjoyed most. I’ve helped a man learn Word so he can write his autobiography, an elderly lady organise a life time’s photos, and introduced people to the internet who have never used it before. After being out of work for six months it’s a real boost to your confidence. Being a Digital Champion is more than volunteering, I feel like I’m part of something.